In Come and Play episode 25, Kysmet rejoins me on the podcast. We get into that October spirit talking about horror movies and psychological thrillers, including some talk about actual psychopaths and the stigmatization of mental illness in the wake of some of the horrible acts of violence in the United States. It’s not all heavy, though: we talk about Harrison Ford in his peak-hotness Indiana Jones days and the gateway shows that helped us figure out our kinky selves. We also discuss the trouble with being a young kinkster trying to learn about BDSM.
- It’s Hygge time, bitches.
- Check out info on all the Friday the 13th movies on their official website.
- Official website for Tom Savini, Kysmet’s favorite horror makeup artist
- The Nerdist’s thoughts on the Hellraiser movies
- Mindhunter lead: Jonathan Groff, who was indeed King George in Hamilton
- That program to treat child psychopaths is the Mendota Juvenile Treatment Center. It is discussed in the article “When Your Child is a Psychopath,” which appeared in The Atlantic in June 2017.
- Indiana Jones-era Harrison Ford:
- The Paradox of Tolerance is attributed to Karl Popper in 1945. Check out the Wikipedia page about why we can’t tolerate intolerance.
- Square One TV is amazing.
- Scarleteen, a great resource for young people learning about sex
- Big Mouth on Netflix
- KysmetScribbles on Tumblr and Instagram